For 2017, The Giddyup Trail Team will be using Yazda, an event and volunteer management solution developed by one of our 2016 Park Coordinators, James Stoup.
Yazda has a ton of amazing features:
- You’ll be able to browse and RSVP for events (as well as download and fill out a waiver).
- You’ll be notified and invited to join new events as they’re created.
- All communications about efforts will go through Yazda.
- Users can set notification preferences in the app (email, push, etc)
- Yazda is also our volunteer management solution, helping us track hours, skills, and various data that help us in our talks with Jeffco, City of Golden, sponsors, etc.
- You’ll also be able to track your own hours, and Yazda will notify you when you’ve reached benchmarks for our incentive programs, with potential to earn deep discounts on parts and accessories at Golden Bike Shop, Wheatridge Cyclery, as well as cash bonuses and free entry into the race, among other things (see screenshot).
- Yazda Instructions
- Follow link to register with Yazda and join the Giddyup Trail Team “club”: https://bnc.lt/giddyup-trail-team
- We recommend downloading the Yazda app on your mobile device (you can also access/ view through a browser).
- Browse around, check your calendar, this and start signing up!
Once you’ve volunteered, you can submit and track your hours and incentive qualifications by going to volunteers.yazdaapp.com.
IMBA Trail Building Series
We will periodically reference these links prior to efforts to help volunteers understand the work planned for the day.
Ch. 1: The most important steps
Building Relationships :07
Present Proposal :57
Be patient 1:40
Environmental Study 2:20
Ch. 2: Trail Design Mistakes
Fall Line Trails
Building on Flat Ground
Ch. 3: Designing Sustainable Trails
Sustainable Design Features 1:30
Sheet Flow 1:40
10% Avg Grade 2:05
Half Rule & Max Sustainable Grade 3:25-7:12
Grade Reversals 7:13
5* Outsloped Tread 7:49
Ch. 4: Let’s Get Dirty!
Building a Rolling Contour Trail
Circle of Death 1:15
Coming Prepared 1:35
Outlining the Tread 1:53
Clearing the Corridor 2:57
Digging the Tread 3:42
Shaping the Backslope 5:32
Outsloping the Tread 6:12
Naturalizing the Construction Zone 7:15
Ch. 5: Armoring
Stockpile Rocks :27
Anchor Stones :41
Paving Stones :52
Water Crossings 1:28
Ch. 6: Creating Challenge
Integrating natural features
Ch. 7: Maintaining Trails
Reopen the corridor :28
Re-establish Outslope/ deberming :36
Improve Water Drainage :53
Water Bars 1:45
Rolling Grade Dips (and Grade Reversals) 2:36